Job Opportunity: Carpenter
Summary: The job holder is responsible for constructing and installing structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, and cutting, shaping and fitting timber parts to form structures and fittings required at event sites.
- Installs cabinets, floors. windows of required sizes and shapes, doors, wooden stairways, furniture and storage space, shelves, ceilings and roofs.
- Uses tools and equipment like manual and electric saws, hammers, drills, planers, shapers, lathes, pliers, and a variety of hand tools like chisels, screw drivers, etc.
- Makes provision and installs door knobs, locks, hinges, and other enhancements or fixtures that are used for decorative purposes.
- Observes safety regulations and wear helmets and other prescribed protective uniforms.
- Reports promptly any problem or obstacle in the construction progress to the foreman or supervisor for early resolution.
- Uses company provided hand tools and construction devices as prescribed and report immediately any operational problem when using them.
- Installs prefabricated building parts in designated places in accordance with blueprint design.
- Repairs and constructs furniture and fixtures as necessary
- Accomplish and complete daily job accomplishment reports when required.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years carpentry work experience in the same or closely related field
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in the handling tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given.
- Ability to travel to various locations, in the Area of operations/site.
- Ability to comply with all established methods, quality standards, and time schedules applicable to this position.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)